Offers a comprehensive and updated account of WDM optical network systems
Optical networking has advanced significantly since 2010. A number of new technologies and applications have brought a considerable change in optical networks; migrating it towards an all-optical network. This ebook places great emphasis on the network concepts; technology; and methodologies that will stand the test of time and also help in understanding and developing advanced optical network systems.
The first part of Optical WDM Networks: From Static to Elastic Networks (PDF) provides a qualitative foundation for what follows—presenting a synopsis of optical networking; the different network architectures; basic concepts; and a high-level view of the different network structures considered in following chapters. It provides a survey of enabling technologies and the hardware devices in the physical layer; followed by a more detailed picture of the network in the remaining chapters. The upcoming sections give a detailed study of the three basic network structures: the static broadcast networks; wavelength-routed networks; and the electronic/optical logically routed networks covering the characteristics of the optical networks in the access; metropolitan area; and long-haul reach. It discusses the networking picture; network control and management; impairment management; and survivability. The final section of the book covers the upcoming technologies of flex-grid and software-defined optical networking.
- Features numerous examples and exercise problems for the student to practice
- Provides concise; updated; and comprehensive coverage of WDM optical networks
- Includes protocols; design; and analysis along with the control and management of the networks
- Covers; in detail; important topics; such as access; local area; metropolitan; wide-area all-optical and elastic network
- Offers exclusive chapters on advance topics to cover the present and future technological trends; such as software defined optical networking and the flexible grid optical networks
Optical WDM Networks: From Static to Elastic Networks is a perfect ebook for under and postgraduate students in electrical/communication engineering. It will also be very helpful to practicing professionals in communications; networking; and optical systems.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook; Optical WDM Networks: From Static to Elastic Networks in PDF. No access codes are included.