Saunders; 7th edition
With an easy-to-read approach and unmatched learning resources; Physical Examination & Health Assessment; 7th Edition (PDF) offers a very logical; clear; and holistic approach to physical exams across the lifespan. A total of more than 1;200 illustrations; checklists of key exam steps; and practical insights ensure that you learn all the physical exam skills you need to know. Written by the expert Carolyn Jarvis; an experienced educator; and clinician; this gold standard in physical examination reflects what is going on in nursing today with coverage of emerging trends and the latest on evidence-based practice. It is very easy to see why this textbook is; far and away; Number 1 in this field!
- A clear; logical; and streamlined approach simplifies content and helps you learn to perform the complete health assessment:
- The easy-to-understand; conversational writing style makes learning easier.
- 1;200 full-color illustrations present anatomy and physiology; examination techniques; and abnormal findings.
- Abnormal findings tables include more than 300 pathophysiology photos to help in recognizing; sorting; and describing abnormalities.
- A 2-column format distinguishes normal findings from abnormal findings and uses step-by-step photos to clarify examination techniques and expected findings.
- Comprehensive coverage reflects the realities of today’s nursing practice:
- UPDATED case studies provide opportunities to apply your knowledge and develop your analytical skills.
- Checklists for use in RN-to-BSN completion programs provide a refresher for seasoned nurses returning to the classroom.
- UPDATED evidence-based practice content is highlighted and reflects a focus on conducting the most accurate; effective; examinations.
- NEW content on the Electronic Health Record; charting; and narrative recording provides examples of how to document assessment findings.
- 150 NEW normal and abnormal examination photos for the nose; throat; mouth; thorax; and pediatric assessment show findings that are unexpected or that require referral for follow-up care; with cultural diversity and developmental variations.
- A holistic approach to assessment accommodates the diverse types of patients that you will encounter in the real world:
- Culture and Genetics sections include biocultural and transcultural information on an increasingly diverse patient population.
- Developmental Competence sections provide age-specific assessment techniques for children; adolescents; infants; pregnant women; and older adults.
- Promoting Healthy Lifestyle boxes enable patient teaching and health promotion while performing the health assessment; and now address the key concept of prevention.
- Documentation and Critical Thinking sections provide real-world clinical examples of specific patients and how to record assessment findings in the patient’s chart; using the SOAP format.
- Spanish-language translations highlight important phrases for improved communication and data gathering during the physical examination with Spanish-speaking patients.
- New content on obesity provides current information on this growing health problem.
- NEW evidence-based guidelines reflect a focus on conducting the most effective; qualitative exams.
- 100 new photos of step-by-step examination techniques include all-new exam panoramas for key systems.
- NEW Substance Use Assessment chapter addresses this increasingly critical aspect of holistic patient assessments.
- Expanded chapter on assessment of the hospitalized adult provides a focused assessment of the patient in the hospital setting.
- 100 new abnormal findings photos provide instant visual cues for findings that are unexpected or that require referral for follow-up care.
P.S A newer edition of this ebook is also available. See related books below.
NOTE: THis only includes the Physical Examination and Health Assessment 7th edition PDF eBook. No online access or codes come with the purchase.