Thomas Neighbors, David Bradley
Applied Underwater Acoustics (PDF) meets the needs of engineers and scientists working in underwater acoustics and graduate students solving problems in; and composing theses on; topics in underwater acoustics. The ebook is structured to give the basis for rapidly assimilating the vital underwater acoustic knowledge base for practical application to everyday research and analysis.
Every chapter of the ebook is self-supporting and emphasizes on a single topic and its association to underwater acoustics. The chapters begin with a brief description of the topic’s physical background; necessary definitions; and a short explanation of the applications; along with an outline to the chapter. The subtopics covered within each subchapter include the most frequently used equations that explain the topic. Equations are not derived; instead; assumptions behind equations and limitations on the applications of each equation are focused. Tables; figures; and illustrations related to the sub-topic are shown in an easy-to-use manner; and instances on the use of the equations; including appropriate tables and figures are also included.
- Includes a comprehensive list of literature references for each chapter
- Presents chapters written by recognized experts in their individual field
- Provides a complete and up-to-date treatment of all major subjects of underwater acoustics
- Covers the fundamental knowledge scientists and engineers need to solve problems in underwater acoustics
- Illuminates; in shorter sub-chapters; the modern applications of underwater acoustics that are described in worked examples
- Demands no prior knowledge of underwater acoustics; and the physical principles and mathematics are designed to be readily understood by scientists; engineers; and graduate students of underwater acoustics
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook; Applied Underwater Acoustics in PDF. No access codes are included.