Edmund S. Cibas, Barbara S. Ducatman
Elsevier; 5th edition
The Cytology: Diagnostic Principles and Clinical Correlates; 5th Edition (PDF) is a practical reference to the diagnostic interpretation of nearly every cytological specimen you may come across. It is succinct while at the same time being all-encompassing. This really helpful bench manual covers all organ systems and circumstances in which cytology is employed; this includes gynecologic, non-gynecologic, and FNA samples; as well as a comprehensive explanation of differential diagnosis for all major entities.
[The study of cytology refers to the medical and biological disciplines that focus on the function and structure of animal and plant cells.] [Cytology]
The redesigned fifth edition places an emphasis, as did previous editions, on the practical aspects of diagnosis and the application of cytology in clinical care; as a result, it is ideal for both working pathologists and trainees in the field.
- In order to aid with daily sign-out and reporting, this article provides a comprehensive overview of typical diagnostic pitfalls.
- There are approximately 550 drawings included, all of which are in full color, and they offer a real-life perspective on a wide variety of cytologic results.
- Coverage of patient management is included in discussions of relevant clinical aspects, and an emphasis is placed throughout on clinical connection.
- This article investigates the role that immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, and molecular biology play in the process of addressing challenges in diagnosis and interpretation.
- consists of a film that walks through the process of performing a fine-needle aspiration biopsy, beginning with an interview of the patient and ending with a demonstration of the various procedures.
- The latest Bethesda System categories and nomenclature, as well as new adjunct tests, are some of the trending themes that are covered in this book. Other hot subjects include novel diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in the differential diagnosis.
- Utilizes material that is easy to read and is formatted in bullet points to provide a concise summary of essential differential diagnoses, indications, and techniques, clinical pearls, and cytomorphologic features, as well as protocols for tissue acquisition for specific entities.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the product comes with the PDF version of the ebook “Cytology: Diagnostic Principles and Clinical Correlates, 5th Edition.” There are no access codes contained within.