Karl E. Misulis, E. Lee Murray
Oxford University Press; 1st edition
Essentials of Hospital Neurology (PDF) is a practical and concise and guide by OUP to the diagnosis and management of neurologic disorders commonly encountered in hospital practice. This ebook discusses the business of hospital neurology; clinical details of important neurologic disorders that may be seen in the ER and inpatient settings; problem-oriented approaches to diagnosis; and key diagnostic and management strategies. This textbook focuses on practical management; making this an excellent source for the neurologist at any level from the student; resident to fellow to practicing physician. Medicine hospitalists and hospital-based mid-level providers will find this a useful resource for guiding care of their patients with neurologic conditions.
Key Features of Essentials of Hospital Neurology:
- Extensive use of bulleted lists; tables; and flowcharts;
- Provides key references and recommended readings;
- Noted academic coauthors of selected sections for subspecialty expertise;
- Incorporates up-to-date guidelines and best practices for neurologic hospital care; and
- Includes critical reference material such as assessment scales; neurologic diagnostic tests; and guides to management of social and ethical issues.