John W. D. Donald, Brian G. Feagan, Rajiv Jalan, Peter J. Kahrilas
Wiley-Blackwell; 4th edition
Evidence-Based Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Fourth Edition, Revised continues to provide the most up-to-date and evidence-based information for determining the appropriate surgical and medical options for diagnosing, screening for, and treating gastrointestinal conditions. This edition is available in PDF format. The most recent version, the fourth one, features practical recommendations for the care of individual patients that are based on the most recent scientific data. These recommendations have been contributed to by an international team of renowned specialists in the field.
This textbook provides a one-of-a-kind resource that is entirely evidence-based in its approach. It is intended to be a vital tool for gastroenterologists of all levels to consult regularly in order to enhance their time management. The chapters provide an overview of the clinical questions that gastroenterologists face on a regular basis in the course of their professional work. Using the well-respected GRADE framework, the evidence presented in the textbook (such as randomized controlled trials, systematic reviews, or trials of lesser quality), as well as therapy suggestions, are assessed for their level of quality. This brand new and updated edition:
- Featuring contributions from an editorial staff that is both multinational and highly regarded
- Including a reliable assessment of the quality of the evidence based on the GRADE framework
- Places the emphasis on the clinical questions that are most relevant to the patient and are most likely to be encountered
- The purpose of this document is to serve as a guide for patient management protocols that are supported by actual evidence.
- Contains seven brand new chapters on contemporary issues that are important to the fields of gastroenterology and hepatology
The revised fourth edition of Evidence-Based Gastroenterology and Hepatology offers an evidence-based resource that evaluates the evidence for the diagnostic tests and treatment regimens for gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases. This book was written for hepatologists, gastroenterologists, and specialty trainees in gastroenterology/hepatology.