Information Privacy Engineering and Privacy by Design: Understanding Privacy Threats; Technology; and Regulations Based on Standards and Best Practices is the Comprehensive Guide to Engineering and Implementing Privacy Best Practices
As systems grow more complex and cybersecurity attacks more unfaltering; safeguarding privacy is ever more challenging. Organizations are increasingly responding in two ways; and both are mandated by key standards like GDPR and ISO/IEC 27701:2019. The first approach; privacy by design; intends to embed privacy throughout the design and architecture of IT systems and business practices. The second; privacy engineering; includes the technical capabilities and management processes needed to implement; deploy; and operate privacy features and controls in working systems.
In Information Privacy Engineering and Privacy by Design; (ePub/PDF) internationally renowned IT consultant and author William Stallings brings together the comprehensive knowledge engineers and privacy executives need to apply both approaches. Utilizing the techniques he presents; technical professionals and IT leaders can systematically expect and respond to a wide spectrum of privacy requirements; vulnerabilities; and threats —addressing regulations; organizational policies; contractual commitments; and the expectations of their key stakeholders.
• Prevent data losses and breaches
• Address privacy issues related to cloud computing and IoT
• Enforce database privacy via anonymization and de-identification
• Understand the concepts of privacy by design and privacy engineering
• Review privacy-related essentials of information security and cryptography
• Respond to key privacy rules including GDPR; U.S. federal law; and the California Consumer Privacy Act
• Use modern system access controls and security countermeasures to partially satisfy privacy requirements
• Establish effective information privacy management; from governance and culture to audits and impact assessment
This guide will be an essential resource for anyone with privacy responsibilities in any organization; and for all college students studying the privacy attributes of cybersecurity.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook; Information Privacy Engineering and Privacy by Design in original ePub (kindle) formal. A converted PDF is also included. No access codes are included.