Rodney A. Rhoades, David R. Bell
Wolters Kluwer Health; 5th edition
877 pages (3038 in converted PDF)
The medical physiology knowledge that is essential for clinical practice is comprehensively covered in the fifth edition of Medical Physiology: Principles for Clinical Medicine (PDF). In addition to the most up-to-date information on how the human body responds to both internal and external changes, the textbook also offers an in-depth understanding of how the various physiologic systems coordinate with one another to ensure that the body is in its best possible condition.
An emphasis will be placed on normal physiology, and explanations of pathophysiology will be included to demonstrate how dysfunctional functions are implicated in disease processes. This fifth edition places a strong emphasis on the physiologic principles that are important to comprehending human function and presents them in a manner that makes it evident how these principles fit into the fundamental framework of clinical medicine.
- Essays in the Clinical Focus category shed insight on the areas in which and the ways in which physiology is relevant to clinical medicine and diagnostics.
- Studying and learning are made easier by having full-color artwork and tables, as well as active learning objectives and chapter summaries.
- Understanding challenging ideas is made easier with the use of conceptual diagrams, which also portray both aberrant and normal clinical circumstances.
- Students are assisted in their content retention by the inclusion of new Clinical Application tasks, as well as end-of-chapter USMLE review questions complete with answers and explanations.
- The Neuromuscular, Gastrointestinal, Renal, and Blood and Immunology portions have all received extensive chapter modifications thanks to new expert authors. These revisions have been given by new contributors.
- Essays published in New Integrated Medical Sciences shed insight on the linkages that exist between pharmacology, biochemistry, genetics, and physiology, among other fundamental scientific disciplines.
- Additional materials, such as additional review questions, animations, advanced clinical problem-solving exercises, additional clinical application exercises, and suggested readings, are made available to medical students on a companion website.
It should be noted that this is a converted PDF of Medical Physiology: Principles for Clinical Medicine, 5th edition; as a result, the page numbers will NOT match the real book.