Mosby; 6th edition
Learn everything you need to safely and compassionately care for patients requiring ventilator support with Pilbeam’s Mechanical Ventilation: Physiological and Clinical Applications; 6th Edition. Known for its simple explanations and in-depth coverage of patient-ventilator management; this evidence-based textbook walks readers through the most fundamental and advanced concepts surrounding mechanical ventilation and guides them in properly applying these principles to patient care. This new Sixth edition features a completely revised chapter on ventilator graphics; additional case studies and clinical scenarios; plus all the reader-friendly features that promote critical thinking and clinical application — like key points; AARC clinical practice guidelines; and critical care concepts — that have helped make this text a household name among respiratory care professionals.
- Key Point boxes highlight need-to-know information.
- Chapter outlines show the big picture of each chapter’s content.
- Logical chapter sequence builds on previously learned concepts and information.
- Bulleted end-of-chapter summaries help readers to review and assess their comprehension.
- Brief patient case studies list important assessment data and pose a critical thinking question to readers.
- Glossary of mechanical ventilation terminology includes definitions to highlighted key terms in each chapter.
- NBRC exam-style assessment questions at the end of each chapter offer practice for the certification exam.
- Critical Care Concepts are presented in short questions to engage readers in applying knowledge to difficult concepts.
- UNIQUE! A chapter on ventilator-associated pneumonia provides in-depth; comprehensive coverage of this challenging issue.
- Clinical scenarios cover patient presentation; assessment data; and treatment options to acquaint readers with different clinical situations.
- NEW! Additional case studies and clinical scenarios cover real-life scenarios that highlight the current trends in pathologies in respiratory care.
- NEW! Completely revised chapter on ventilator graphics offers a more practical explanation of ventilator graphics and what readers need to know when looking at abnormal graphics.
- Excerpts of Clinical Practice Guidelines developed by the AARC (American Association for Respiratory Care) make it easy to access important information regarding indications/contraindications; hazards and complications; assessment of need; assessment of outcome; and monitoring.
NOTE: This sale only includes Pilbeam’s Mechanical Ventilation 6th edition in PDF. No access codes included.