Mosby; 6th edition
Pilbeam’s Mechanical Ventilation: Physiological and Clinical Applications, Sixth Edition will teach you everything you need to know in order to provide safe and compassionate treatment to patients who require the assistance of a ventilator. This evidence-based textbook teaches readers through the most fundamental and sophisticated topics surrounding mechanical ventilation and assists them in effectively applying these principles to patient care. It is known for its clear explanations and in-depth coverage of patient-ventilator management. This new Sixth edition features a completely revised chapter on ventilator graphics, additional case studies and clinical scenarios, as well as all of the reader-friendly features that promote critical thinking and clinical application, such as key points, AARC clinical practice guidelines, and critical care concepts. These features have helped make this text a household name among respiratory care professionals.
- Boxes labeled “Key Points” bring attention to vital pieces of information.
- Outlines of chapters provide an overview of the material covered in each chapter.
- The facts and ideas presented in subsequent chapters expand on those presented in earlier chapters.
- Readers are able to better review and evaluate their comprehension with the assistance of bulleted summaries at the end of each chapter.
- Concise patient case studies that contain significant assessment data and ask readers to engage in critical thinking also address the topic.
- This glossary of terms relating to mechanical ventilation provides definitions of key terms that are highlighted throughout each chapter.
- Practice for the NBRC certification test is provided in the form of evaluation questions in the format of the NBRC exam, which are located at the end of each chapter.
- The Critical Care Ideas are offered in the form of brief questions to encourage readers to activate their knowledge by applying it to challenging concepts.
- UNIQUE! An in-depth and all-encompassing discussion of this difficult topic can be found in a chapter devoted to ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP).
- Readers will become familiar with a variety of clinical settings through the use of clinical scenarios, which involve patient presentation, assessment data, and treatment alternatives.
- NEW! Additional case studies and clinical scenarios address real-life scenarios that show the current trends in disorders in respiratory treatment. [Case studies] [Clinical scenarios] [Case studies] [Case studies
- NEW! This thoroughly updated and reworked chapter on ventilator graphics provides a clearer and more actionable explanation of ventilator graphics as well as information that readers should be aware of when looking at anomalous graphics.
- Indications and contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, assessment of outcome, and monitoring are some of the topics that are covered in the Clinical Practice Guidelines developed by the AARC (American Association for Respiratory Care). These guidelines make it simple to access important information regarding these topics.
NOTE: This offer only contains the PDF version of the sixth edition of Pilbeam’s Mechanical Ventilation. There are no access codes provided.