Christopher B. Wilson, Victor Nizet, Yvonne Maldonado, Jack S. Remington, Jerome O. Klein
Saunders; 8th edition
Regarded as the definitive source of information in the field; Infectious Diseases of the Fetus and Newborn Infant; 8th Edition; (PDF) remains your invaluable source for authoritative; state-of-the-art answers. Edited by Drs. Wilson; Nizet; Maldonado; Remington; and Klein; this fully updated reference assists you apply the latest evidence-based recommendations in the prevention; diagnosis; and management of infections found in utero; during delivery; and in the neonatal period in both premature and term infants.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader.
- Overcome clinical challenges in developing countries where access to proper medical care is limited.
- Form a definitive diagnosis and build the best treatment plans possible using evidence-based recommendations and expert guidance from world authorities.
- Examine what’s changing in key areas such as:- arising problems and concepts in maternal; fetal; and neonatal infectious diseases – anticipation and recognition of infections occurring in utero; during delivery; and in the neonatal period.
- Keep up with the most related topics in fetal/neonatal infectious disease including new antimicrobial agents; gram-negative infections and their management; and recommendations for immunization of the fetus/mother.
- Locate main content easily and identify clinical conditions quickly thanks to a consistent; highly user-friendly format now featuring a full-color design with hundreds of illustrations; and fresh perspectives from 6 new authoritative chapters lead authors.
- Stay on the cutting edge of your field with new and improved chapters including: obstetric factors associated with infections of the fetus and newborn infant; human milk; borella infections; bordetella pertussis and other bordetella sp infections; tuberculosis; herpes simplex; toxoplasmosis; pneumocystis and other less common fungal infections; and healthcare-associated infections in the nursery.
“A superbly updated classic recommended to all who offer care to the fetus and newborn.” ― JAMA
“An important and outstanding reference…very easy to pick up and read.” ― Clinical Infectious Diseases
“Its editors and authors are the clinicians and scientists whose work has advanced knowledge of maternal; fetal; and neonatal infections. For 30 years; this textbook has been the only best source of information in this area.” ― NEJM
“This has been a standard reference for 35 years and the editors have completed their objectives of providing a single source book in this area of medicine… This ebook is still without peer and many chapters represent the most comprehensive reference on the subject.” ― Jay P. Goldsmith; MD; Doody’s Review
NOTE: The product includes the ebook; Remington and Klein’s Infectious Diseases of the Fetus and Newborn; 8th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.