Mosby; 3rd edition
This well-organized textbook, Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology: Foundations for Clinical Practice 3rd edition (ePub), is ideal for both practicing therapists and medical students in respiratory therapy and associated professions. It provides the most clinically relevant and up-to-date information on respiratory applied anatomy and physiology. The content covers the fundamental areas of anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular, pulmonary, and renal systems, as well as the physiological principles that underlie common therapeutic, monitoring, and diagnostic procedures. In addition, the content provides details regarding these physiological principles. This digital textbook helps you take a more clinical perspective and learn to think much more critically about the subject matter by presenting the information in a way that is easy to grasp and straightforward.
- The appendices include useful data as well as descriptions of various terminology and symbols.
- The Clinical Focus boxes that are scattered throughout the ebook present important subject matter in a clinical setting in order to integrate theory with practice.
- In each chapter there should be an outline, a key terms list, a list of chapter objectives, and a bulleted summary that highlights the most significant themes and makes the text easier to understand.
- Questions about open-ended concepts necessitate responses that are reasoned and are based on a comprehensive understanding of the text. These questions encourage discussion and critical thinking.
- NEW! In order to produce a reading experience that is more logically coherent, the content has been reorganized so that the section on the renal system comes before the section on integrated responses in exercise and aging.
- NEW! Additional opportunities to build upon previously taught knowledge and apply new information from the textbook are provided via more Clinical Focus scenarios and concept questions.
- NEW! This chapter describes the physiological mechanisms of sleep-disordered breathing and the many approaches required to treat this type of disorder. The chapter on the physiological basis for treating sleep-disordered breathing may be found in the previous chapter.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology: Foundations for Clinical Practice eBook, Third Edition, in the ePub format is the ONLY item that will be shipped with this purchase. On request, a converted PDF can be provided to you. Although there are a number of free readers that are capable of reading ePub files, we suggested using Adobe Digital Edition instead.