Mahnaz Moallem, Woej Hung, Nada Dabbagh
Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition
The first ebook of its kind to provide readers with an in-depth look at the issue of problem-based learning, with contributions from professionals located all around the world. The Wiley Handbook of Problem-Based Learning (PDF) is the first book of its kind to present a collection of original essays that integrate the research and practice of problem-based learning into a single comprehensive volume. These essays were written by experts in both the academic and professional fields of problem-based learning. The Handbook of Research-Based Practice in Problem-Based Learning is an authoritative, definitive, and contemporary volume that clearly demonstrates the impact and scope of research-based practice in problem-based learning. It features contributions from an international panel of leading researchers, scholars, practitioners, and educational and training communities (PBL).
After many years of its successful implementation in medical education curricula, problem-based learning is now being emphasized and practiced more widely in higher education; K-12; and other professional fields. This is in addition to the fact that it has been successfully implemented in medical education curricula for many years. This guidebook offers insightful and thought-provoking guidance and reflection on the idea, research, and practice of problem-based learning (PBL). The contributors to this ebook discuss the competencies required to apply PBL in the classroom as well as the necessity of building learning environments that are collaborative, active, motivating, immersive, and engaging throughout the entirety of the publication. This extremely useful resource:
- Contains the findings and opinions of a group of specialists on the subject from all across the world
- Adopts a comprehensive strategy that covers not only the theory but also the design and implementation of problem-based learning
- Attempts to fulfill the requirement for an all-encompassing resource pertaining to problem-based learning research and application
- Contains guidelines for instructional designers as well as ideas for practitioners to use during implementation and evaluation
- Provides access to a vast library of scholarly articles that encourage readers to update their knowledge and reconsider the beliefs they have held in the past.
The Wiley Handbook of Problem-Based Learning is an essential resource that provides access to the most recent information on the study and practice of problem-based learning. It was written for students, professors, and practitioners in the field of education.