David Guile, Lorna Unwin
Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition
A compilation of the various theories, practices, and policies of vocational education and training written by professionals from all over the world.
An in-depth look at the theories, policies, and practices of vocational education and training can be found in the Wiley Handbook of Vocational Education and Training (PDF), which is available for purchase (VET). The Handbook is comprised of 27 authoritative essays drawn from a wide variety of academic fields, and it features contributions from a group of world-renowned experts in their fields. An integrated analysis of the multifaceted and ever-changing field of VET is presented here by the contributors.
The key debates regarding the function of vocational education and training (VET) in the educational and training systems of a variety of countries are investigated in this ebook, which makes use of the most recent research, thinking, and practice in the industry. The Handbook sheds light on the processes by which expertise is cultivated in an era marked by significant upheaval in the organizational structures of workplaces, the procedures by which work is performed, and the professional identities of workers. The authors also investigate a variety of the difficulties that are associated with vocational education and training, such as the effect that digital technologies have on employment; the demand for (re)training in the context of extended working lives; the emergence of learning regions and skill ecosystems; and the need for the professional development of vocational teachers and trainers.
This significant book includes:
- draws from a variety of sources, including recent research as well as historical records
- Examines the ways in which the advancement of digital technologies is influencing the practice of VET.
- Examines the difficulties that face educational institutions that provide higher vocational training programs
- Examines the various ways in which the political and economic environments of various nations have an impact on vocational education and training
- Provides a novel perspective on the part that VET plays in the formation of initial expertise as well as in its ongoing development
- Describes several educational approaches utilized in vocational and technical training, such as apprenticeship, along with their connection to general education
- Analyzes the theories and ideas that form the basis of international perspectives and investigates the variations in the goals of vocational education and training
An international viewpoint on the subject of vocational education and training is provided in The Wiley Handbook of Vocational Education and Training, which has been written for researchers, students, and academics in the fields of educational studies, human resource development, political economy, social policy, labor market economics, industrial relations, and sociology. This handbook offers an international perspective on the topic of VET.
There are no reviews yet.