Thieme; 1st edition
For any therapist who has been challenged by a client complaining of pain or stiffness in the neck or back; The Big Back Book: Tips & Tricks for Therapists (PDF) is packed with ideas and suggestions for the assessment; treatment; and aftercare of the spine. The author shares tips gathered from many years of experience as a physical therapist and massage therapist; providing step-by-step guidance on everything from testing range of motion and documenting findings; to locating specific muscles and vertebrae; to identifying the source of pain and managing posture and muscle tone issues. With a clear and conversational writing style and easy-to-follow organization of chapters; this book allows readers to gain valuable insights and immediately apply techniques into practice.
- Offers helpful hints for encouraging client self-care
- Clarifies concepts and methods with more than 900 simple line drawings
- Presents commonly asked questions; answered by the author; throughout the textbook
- Includes useful tables; checklists; forms; and questionnaires to optimize treatment outcomes
- Organizes material by sections on thoracic spine; cervical spine; and lumbar spine with each section following a consistent format to aid in quick reference of needed information
The wealth of practical advice and information contained within makes The Big Back Book: Tips and Tricks for Therapists a must-have volume for massage therapists; physical therapists; and osteopaths with clients seeking relief from neck and back pain. Practitioners and students alike will enhance their knowledge and expand their repertoire of assessment and treatment techniques.