Lynn S. Bickley
Physical examinations that are accurate, efficient, and effective can be performed with confidence.
Learn how to perform effective physical examinations with the help of the most recommended resource for comprehensive and authoritative direction. An easy-to-follow two-column format is included in this highly regarded text that correlates examination techniques on the left with abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) and differential diagnoses on the right. This text also includes fully illustrated, step-by-step techniques that outline the correct performance of the physical examination. In addition, this text contains an extensive number of illustrations.
- NEW Expanded Unit 1 will give you an overview of the components of the patient encounter and will assist you in ensuring that you are using the most effective information-gathering and decision-making procedures.
- NEW Within each chapter, important terms are italicized and linked to an online lexicon where their definitions can be found.
- UPDATED You will become more familiar with critical techniques for people who identify as belonging to the LGBTQ community, people who have physical disabilities, and different communities at all stages of life thanks to the expanded coverage of special populations.
- UPDATED You will have a better knowledge of the overview material, examination methodologies, and health promotion and counseling issues after the Regional Exam chapters were restructured.
- UPDATED The most recent evidence-based information is used to inform the accompanying photographs, pictures, and references, which serve to emphasize the most important facts.
- UPDATED The text boxes are numbered to facilitate speedy access to essential explanations of clinical problems and helpful hints for difficult diagnostic approaches.
- The clinical pearls, which are printed in blue, draw attention to the most important elements at a glance.
- At the end of each chapter, you will find tables that exhibit examination and clinical information in a way that is simple to identify and allows for quick reference. These tables of abnormal states are detailed and well illustrated.
- eBook available. Learning may be made more efficient, more effective, and more convenient with today's eBooks. These interactive tools are fully searchable, can be accessed on different devices around the clock, come with additional features such as the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.